First published on Fri, January 27, 2012.
The Creative Industries Council Skillset Skills Group has published its report to the Creative Industries Council. The report calls for unified action to raise the levels of training and talent development within the creative and cultural industries. The Sector Skills Councils E-Skills, Skillset and Creative & Cultural Skills are all involved in the membership of the group.
Creative & Cultural Skills contributed in detail to the final report, submitting both written evidence and contributing to meetings on individual issues within the report.
Joint CEO of Creative & Cultural Skills Pauline Tambling said:
"We are delighted that there has been such as positive response to our report. There are many initiatives, such as our Creative Apprenticeships programme and Creative Choices, featured in the report, which can play a key role in supporting the skills needs of the sector. It is extremely helpful to have recognition and endorsement from the relevant Secretaries of State in this work".
The report was also greeted with enthusiasm by ministers for both the DCMS and BIS. The recommendations of the report have therefore been endorsed in full by the Creative Industries Council.
- Richard Review of Apprenticeships is Published 27th
- New report reveals growth for UK heritage crafts 22nd
- DCMS report suggests ACE funding should depend on philanthropic strategies 22nd
- CBI - First Steps: A New Approach for Our Schools 20th
- Postgraduate Education: An Independent Inquiry by the Higher Education Commission 15th
- BIS Select Committee Report - Apprenticeships 12th
- Careers 2020: Options for future careers work in English schools 2nd
- 2012 Local Authority Arts Spending Survey Report 25th
- London Schools Research: Cultural Engagement 24th
- Plans to change A-Level system announced 17th
- New Employment Figures Show Unexpected Decline in Unemployment Levels 17th
- New Government Apprenticeship Figures Published 16th
- Department for Education - The effects of the English Baccalaureate 10th
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- April 2012
- January 2012
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- April 2011