First published on Thu, October 20, 2011.
The ‘New Challenges, New Chances’ consultation followed on from the BIS Skills Strategy, ‘Skills for Sustainable Growth’. The consultation opened on the 16th of August 2011, and looked at specific issues around implementing the further education reform agenda.
The consultation closed on October 21st, with the report expected to be published in the late autumn.
Creative & Cultural Skills submitted a letter on the subject to BIS on their current further education reform agenda. The letter specifically addresses points around a number of the government’s proposed reforms, including:
- The introduction of levels 3 and 4 loans
- the need for employability skills to be delivered through colleges
the delivery of higher education through the medium of further education.
- Richard Review of Apprenticeships in Published 27th
- New report reveals growth for UK heritage crafts 22nd
- DCMS report suggests ACE funding should depend on philanthropic strategies 22nd
- CBI - First Steps: A New Approach for Our Schools 20th
- Postgraduate Education: An Independent Inquiry by the Higher Education Commission 15th
- BIS Select Committee Report - Apprenticeships 12th
- Careers 2020: Options for future careers work in English schools 2nd
- 2012 Local Authority Arts Spending Survey Report 25th
- London Schools Research: Cultural Engagement 24th
- Plans to change A-Level system announced 17th
- New Employment Figures Show Unexpected Decline in Unemployment Levels 17th
- New Government Apprenticeship Figures Published 16th
- Department for Education - The effects of the English Baccalaureate 10th
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- April 2012
- January 2012
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- April 2011